UPDATE: Missed the event? Now you can watch a recording of the event on YouTube, just click the links below for each part.
NASCSP would like to thank everyone who participated and attended (either in-person or via the live stream) the White House’s Weatherization Supply Chain Industry Event this morning! Additionally, we know there were a lot of numbers and statistics given today that you might have missed, so here are some quick facts from the event provided by the Department of Energy.
WAP’s Impact on American Families
- Over 7.3 million families have been served by the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
- Low-Income families, on average, spend 15% of their income on energy costs
- Reducing energy costs means these families have more money to spend on food, medicine, and other essentials
WAP’s Impact on American Workers
- 25,000 living-wage jobs are supported by WAP
- Workers are highly trained and make up the largest energy efficiency retrofit workforce in the nation
- These workers form a foundation of skilled individuals to support the growth of a private home energy retrofit industry
WAP’s Impact on American Businesses
- Over 10,000 local, American businesses are supported by the activities of WAP
- WAP provides a marketplace for innovation in the in the energy upgrade industry and supports the growth of American businesses
Source: DOE’s The Weatherization Assistance Program: An American Industry handout